Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Wish Me Luck

I had some Musgovian ingredients around the kitchen.

One lb of chevre, just past its use by date (what could go wrong with
it anyway, it's already cheese)

20 ounces of cream cheese

A ton of sour cream

Overlooked and past their prime chocolate chunk cookies and chocolate
almond biscotti.

I ground up the cookies & biscotti with some mixed nuts, tossed in
melted butter and pressed it into a 10" spring form pan as a crust. I
put it in the freezer to set while I mixed up:

The cheeses, a cup and a half of sour cream, a cup and a half of
sugar, zest from an orange, vanilla, 6 eggs, bit of flour. Then I
let it all get beaten in the Kenwood until it begged for mercy.

It is in the oven now. We'll see if we wind up with cheesecake. If so,
there are strawberries and blackberries to place on top.

What's the worst that can happen, the stuff had to be tossed anyway...
(well, except for the fruit).

Boron