Gordon 101

Default Good Brand of Chinese Sausage

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Finding an acceptable brand of chinese sausages can be a daunting and
> task. There's so many, some of which are gristly or overly dry.
> Although some include [duck or pork] liver and are considered
> traditional, I like mine without.
>
> I found a good brand the other day called "Venus". They're made in
> City of Industry, CA and come in a pink-labelled package. They're
> short, squat and round sausages, not long and crinkled like most of
> the brands. A very good brand, IMO. The only one I'll seek out from
> now on.
>
> Just my $.02. Archiving it here so I can remember the name ;-)
>
> -sw

Hi Steve

I haven't seen that brand in Canada. Fortunately there are many Chinese
meat shops that sell their own. The hardest part is choosing with so
many varieties and no english.
My favourite is a beef sausage, not so sweet but lots of anise.
This is the season for 'comfort foods' and one of my favourites is
congee with lots of sausage and dried mushrooms.

Gordon