Posted to alt.food.wine
Dick R. Dick R. is offline

Default Theme dinner parties

Mark Lipton wrote:
> Dick R. wrote:
>
>>Next up: In honor of Julia Child and the new movie with Meryl Streep,
>>we’ll host another dinner party – but where to begin? My wife has every
>>book ever written by Julia, and the menu could be difficult.

> I'd argue that two of her more famous recipes are for Vichyssoise and
> Coq au Vin. The latter is certainly a very wine-friendly dish. Nice
> idea, BTW!

Thanks for the suggestions Mark,
My beautiful wife Linda is also a fantastic cook. She does have a penchant for
collecting cook books, 1400 at last count. It's always interesting to open an
old cookbook from the 1800s and find a hand written recipe for salt pork made in
a barrel in the barn or other recipes that are "timeless".
We will take your suggestions to heart, and I think this next party is going to
be fun!

Dick (I'll supply the wine)