Posted to alt.food.wine
Dick R. Dick R. is offline

Default Theme dinner parties

We’ve had several dinner parties at our house with a close group of friends.
Some of the menus have been based on recipes from cookbooks like:
“A Treasury of Great Recipes” by Mary and Vincent Price (beautiful book)
“Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook” (with recipes from Disneyland and Disney World)

We also hosted a “cooking party” with an Italian theme, where each couple
prepared a dish. It was a casual/formal affair where the men wore suits or sport
coats. A friend and I were the servers, and we would change into our server
jackets (tacky, maroon jackets that I had purchased for $1 each at a rental
agency) to serve the food. We had name tags on our jackets – I was Ricardo, he
was Davido, and Davido would always flirt with a very attractive lady while
serving (it was his wife!). After serving, we changed jackets and returned to
the table where the attractive lady would mention that the server was flirting
with her.

Next up: In honor of Julia Child and the new movie with Meryl Streep, we’ll host
another dinner party – but where to begin? My wife has every book ever written
by Julia, and the menu could be difficult.

Wines: I’ll always dig into my cellar and find something appropriate.

Dick