Posted to rec.food.cooking
--> Stu --> Stu is offline

Default Servers Strike Back -- Cell Phone Usage

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:53:19 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Jun 21, 11:25*am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
>> We've all seen those customers that just can't seem to put down their phone,
>> let alone turn it off, while dining out. What would you do if a server
>> walked up to your table talking on his or her cell phone and offered to take
>> your order?
>>
>> The Ranger

>I've seen people that have what I call "cell phone twitch", where they
>have their hand up along side their face and don't even have a cell
>phone in their hand!! But it looks like they are using their cell
>phone. It's just a nervous habit.
>
>And don't even get me STARTED about those Blue Tooth earpiece devices!
>Borg, each and every last one of 'em!! "Resistance is futile, you will
>be assimilated!"
>
>John Kuthe...

I usually shut my phone off entering a restaurant, just as I do when
at a theatre. Nothing worse than being in a nice restaurant having a
conversation and some assholes phone rings, and rings, and rings.
I'd like to see someone take the offenders phone and drop it in their
soup (just once)
In the car I have a hands free that slides on my rear view mirror,
as the law ( no talking on handheld cell phone) is coming soon ( and
no one is ready). This allows me to keep my eyes peeled for fools on
their phones wandering in and out of my lane.