ExpatNL

Default thai iced coffee

"Heather Fair" > wrote in message
> Looking for a recipe for thai iced coffee. I've tried several I've found
> around the Net and none are even close to what you get in the better Thai
> restaurants.
> Feel free to email me directly with the recipe if you have it, just remove
> !nospam! first.
> --
> Heather Fair

thai [or malay/singapore] iced coffee is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrid! way too
sweet and WEAK! try lao coffee. or better yet, vietnamese.
i personally don't care for the disasterous condense milk [for some reason
they just love the stuff] but the coffee alone tastes very different from
the usual western varieties. heard they add chicory, no?! nice with ice
as it't very strong but i want to taste thecoffee and not desert. just
returned from bolivia and peru today. only swiss instant coffee in sachets
(( brought along me nestle's instant espresso and used it for 4 weeks.
anyway, in thailand they also look at me funny when i tell them i don't want
any sugar in my iced coffee.