Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default OT - Oh, for Pete's sake...

On Jun 16, 7:28*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> Bryan wrote:
> >> I find it distasteful to roast and devour someone on their birthday. I'm
> >> surprised that the Jew have no restrictions at all on this barbaric
> >> practice.

> > What's this "Jew" thing. *Om isn't Jewish.

> You misunderstand. I wasn't talking about Om, although she could be
> Jewish. How would I know? I do know that there are Jews in Texas - well
> at least one. I'm talking about the practice of eating animals on their
> birthday - it stinks. Why do you think the Texas ducks includes DOB? So
> you don't roast them on the wrong date - duh!

I'm pretty up to speed on Old Testament dietary laws, and there's
nothing in there about not roasting a waterfowl on its birthday.

Deuteronomy 14:21 does say:
Ye shall not eat of anything that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it
unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou
mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the
LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

> >> OTOH, it would be kind of funny to see a roast wearing a party hat on
> >> it's head or neck stump. So festive! :-)

> > --Bryan

--Bryan