Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Clay product

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:45:35 -0400, "Dee Randall" >
> wrote:
>
>>....I shouldn't have done that. The bread stuck and we had to scrape it
>>off -
>>the corn meal 'might have' helped, but didn't work.
>>
>>With anything else stone when baking bread, I have never put dough on top
>>of
>>a cold stone, which is what Williams-Sonama recipe said to do.

> We *always* use a piece of parchment paper. It never hurts, and often
> helps.
>
> -- Larry

I usually bake bread on my hr.-long heated stone, sometimes using parchment
paper if it's slack; but I use tons of parchment paper. Parchment paper is
my choice for non-cleanup. I use it a lot in all sorts of baking pans
underneath the veggies when roasting, and underneath veggies when cooking,
then covering with aluminum foil. I feel that aluminum foil leaves a
detectable taste if put underneath the ingredient.

:-)) Yes, I should have done all the things I know to do with this La
Cloche -- but by golly, I thought I'd do it the way Chuck Williams
(Williams-Sonoma) said, first. My BIG mistake. Even though 74, I still
"hark" back to my mother's retort when I do something stupid, "Why did you
do that, Dee?"

Yep, it's still soaking off, as I write. DH is making some espresso as we
speak, so all is well.

Thanks, Larry.
Dee Dee