Louis Cohen

Default When is that brisket done?

Paul Kirk was asked how to use a thermometer to tell if brisket was done,
and he said, "Stick it in, and if it goes in easy, it's done".

I expect brisket to be done around 188° in the flat, but the fork test is
more reliable. If you overcook brisket, you just save the burnt ends for
chili or beans.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"