Old Hound Old Hound is offline
Banned

Ummm... yeah that is a common problem... u can try ading in more water

MAy be, u can find a soultion on this blog written by a traveller, who loves food frm different destinations - The Dark Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
For some reason the bread I try to make in a break maker is not rising
enough. Actually, I made maybe twenty test breads and only one time did it
rise enough. I don't recall doing anything different that time.

Is there a way to tell whether the yeast is too old, temperature is
incorrect, or other reason by examining the bread?

The bread is simple:

1 cup bread flour
2 tbsp yeast
5 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 egg
some butter
just enough water to make a dough ball (less than 1/4 cup)