Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1982 Bordeaux

Bi!! wrote:

> Similar to 1985 Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet which may never evolve
> or change.....

or the '78 Ch. Montelena Estate, about which I could say the same. This
actually underscores my biggest concern about CalCabs: the "best" of
them seem not to evolve much with age. The exceptions to this that I've
found are (ironically) Dunn's, Ridge Monte Bello and older examples of
Caymus and Phelps. I haven't had any Diamond Creeks or enough Mayacamas
to make the call with them, but many other highly touted wines just seem
to soften without developing many secondary, let alone tertiary
characteristics.

</troll>

Mark Lipton