Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default 1982 Bordeaux

On May 28, 2:27*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,

> I am surprised with the brutal tannins in the Chateau La Tour Haut
> Brion. All of the '82 Bordeaux I have had recently had very resolved
> tannins and I would think if it is still this tannic after 27 years will
> never resolve. Nice notes. The Pinchon Longueville '82 is one of my
> favorites from that year along with the Leoville Las Cases.

In very rare situations, Bordeaux can take a very long time to
resolve. The classic example is 1870. From early reports, many of the
top wines were so harsh and tannic as to be undrinkable in the
lifetime of their buyers, their children, and even grandchildren. If
very well stored, such as was the case for some in the very cold
castle cellar cellar of the late Queen Mother, these wines sometimes
developed into very great wines, and some likely still are drinking
well if you can find and afford them. But there likely were many 1870
that never came around before they faded away..