Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Samartha Deva[_2_] Samartha Deva[_2_] is offline

Default Sour sourdough bread.

2009/5/25 Mike >:
> Hi,
> Awfully sorry for the dreadfull blander in my last posting:
> The recipy supposed to be:
> White flour (13 % gluten content) - 100%
>
> Sour (50/50 flour to water) - up to 100%
>
> Salt - 2%
>
> Water - 60 %
>
> Bulk fermentation - 6 h
>
> Proofing - 2.5 h
>
> Baking 230 C for 40 min
>
> And those are baker's %%
>
> Regards Mike

Eh Mike - let's drop the %.
(can't do the cup measuring game though)

Looks you are doing a regular routine and your starter is alive but
doesn't get sour when you do your starter growing and rising at room
temperature.

Suggest to find a warmer place (32 C) and grow your starter and do
your dough rising.

What may be interesting is how much starter you use for your recipes
(rye and non-rye) - the 100 % sure don't make sense.

Sam

(and I sure not use yeast to cheat myself out of any starter deficiencies)