Posted to alt.food.diabetic
[email protected] Abed@rosalva.com is offline

Default Gerber 22-41075 Aluminum Presto 3.0 Fine Edge Knife

Price:$64.00
Image: http://megadiscountfinder.info/image.php?id=B000MSCF12
Best deal: http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000MSCF12

Gerber 22-41075 Aluminum Presto 3.0 Fine Edge KnifeI like pocket knives. I think the shape of a blade can be beautiful, elegant, and sublime. Plus, I just always seem to need something to cut, scrape, or pry with. In the Army, I got in the habit of always having something handy for workaday stuff. In fact, I came back from Iraq with enough pocket knives in my footlocker to stop the customs inspecter in his tracks. Until he started laughing.With my experience, I think this is a great knife for the price. Gerber has always made a good steel that seems to me to just take and edge and hold it better than anything else I've found in the price range. These knives come in plain edge or serrated (I prefer plain because I can sharpen the whole blade) and this specific line, the Presto, is an *assisted-opening* knife where you start the opening movement and a small spring helps it along. Check your local laws for legality.Pros:Great steel, takes an edge and keeps it.Assisted opening.Slim profile -- clips in your pocket (I keep mine next to my wallet).Variety of options -- smaller blades, plain blades, serrated blades.Good grip.Cons:Watch the lock button and learn to use it -- you don't want this opening in your pocket!I gave one to my brother and he came back from a camping trip recently. He'd used his blade to hack at wood and make kindling and he showed me the edge was still sharp enough to pass the arm-hair test.
This is a great little pocket knife. The knife body itself is a rough finished metal with rubber inserts which I haven't had any trouble hanging onto even when wet. This knife does have a pocket clip which is well positioned so the knife rides completely inside your pocket when clipped in. This knife is a bit heavier than similar sized composite knives so you do know it's in your pocket. The knife is designed for one handed operation. The thumb knob is a bit close to the body of the knife but the knife blade just needs a nudge to spring open so I don't consider it a fault. The lock mechanism is on the side of the knife and will lock the blade open or closed which is a nice feature. One word of warning, this knife is "spring assisted" when it opens so some states may consider it a switch blade...
It was a great knife it got shipped here quicker than expected. The only problem I had was the belt clip got bent out of shape and it fell off my belt and now I no longer have it since it couldn't stay on my belt.
Our upgraded line of Presto knives feature an attractive aluminum handle with rubber inserts and use Gerber's patented F.A.S.T. assisted opening technology for quick, easy, one-handed deployment. A safety protects user while the blade is in open and closed positions.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Gerber 22-01629 LMF II Black Infantry Knife- 4.8 inch blade:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000E3QUB6
Gerber 22-41074 Aluminum Presto 2.5 Fine Edge Knife:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000Q7TSGO
Gerber 06050 Ultralight LST Folding Knife with Fine Blade:http://megadiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004WA4R