Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Here come Memorial Day weekend: what's your favorite grilling recipe??

"Kris" > wrote in message
> Good afternon all,
>
> With the holiday weekend (at least in the U.S. - is it Bank Holiday
> elsewhere?) almost upon us, I was curious to see what my fellow
> foodies love to put on the grill.
>
> I'm leaning towards grilled ribeyes and/or some sort of seafood skewer
> (shrimp recipe follows). I also will probably do some grilled
> asparagus and maybe a creamy cucumber salad, since they're in season.
>

> You?

Grilled leg of lamb. Bought a boneless leg that was nicely wrapped in
netting for easy roasting, but, we do it different.

Took the roast out of the netting and unrolled it. Mixed together chopped
garlic and rosemary and rubbed the meat, then poured buttermilk over the
entire piece in a rectangular dish. Marinate overnight.

Heat grill and take the meat still wet and put it on the ht grill. Cook
to medium rare or medium, let rest and slice to serve.

The leg sometimes has a gamey taste to it and the buttermilk removes it.