Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kris[_1_] Kris[_1_] is offline

Default Here come Memorial Day weekend: what's your favorite grillingrecipe??

Good afternon all,

With the holiday weekend (at least in the U.S. - is it Bank Holiday
elsewhere?) almost upon us, I was curious to see what my fellow
foodies love to put on the grill.

I'm leaning towards grilled ribeyes and/or some sort of seafood skewer
(shrimp recipe follows). I also will probably do some grilled
asparagus and maybe a creamy cucumber salad, since they're in season.

You?

Shrimp Kebabs with Lemon and Garlic

These are very quick to put together and taste great. I usually just
whisk up the marinade and toss the shrimp in, then skewer last-minute.

You can marinate the shrimp for an hour at room temperature or two
hours in the fridge, turning skewers occasionally.

Yield: Makes 6 servings

48 uncooked large shrimp, unpeeled, deveined (thawed if frozen)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup olive oil

Thread 4 shrimp on each of 6 metal skewers; place on rimmed baking
sheet. Whisk lemon juice, lemon peel, and garlic in medium bowl;
slowly whisk in oil. Season marinade with salt and pepper. Pour
marinade over skewers, dividing equally.

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill shrimp until pink on
outside and opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.

Kris