Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Mmm... Peas!

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "Julie Bove" > wrote:

: > "percy" > wrote in message
: > ...
: > > Julie Bove wrote:
: > >> I haven't had any peas for a very long time. They have always been one
: > >> of my favorite vegetables.
: > >>
: > >
: > > snip
: > >>
: > >> Husband hated his portion but Angela and I loved it and there was enough
: > >> left (wouldn't have been any if husband liked it) for her lunch tomorrow.
: > >>
: > >> But the peas!!!! I sprinkled a few spoonfuls over the top of mine. Yum,
: > >> yum! I had forgotten what peas tasted like. They were soooo good.
: > >
: > > Peas and pearl onions in bechamel sauce. Memories of my childhood.
: > >
: > > I adore peas. Hot, cold, pease porridge, soup... Definitely a required
: > > addition to tuna casserole no matter what, IMO.
: >
: > Really? My mom always put them in there so I assumed that was a normal
: > thing.

: Ummm... isn't he agreeing?

: I used to put peas into tuna casserole all the time, but now I mostly
: double up on the mushrooms. But fresh peas are just around the corner,
: and I cannot wait!

: PP

I love peas but generally don't eat the shelled kind anymore. In season I
do eat the sugar snap peas which are eaten pod and all. they are elcious
and the starch pea is only a small part of the whoe thing so it doesn't do
a number on my bgs. Tht season is also coing up fast:-)

Wendy