Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Mmm... Peas!

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > snip

>> > Peas and pearl onions in bechamel sauce. Memories of my childhood.
>> >
>> > I adore peas. Hot, cold, pease porridge, soup... Definitely a required
>> > addition to tuna casserole no matter what, IMO.

>> Really? My mom always put them in there so I assumed that was a normal
>> thing.

> Ummm... isn't he agreeing?
>
> I used to put peas into tuna casserole all the time, but now I mostly
> double up on the mushrooms. But fresh peas are just around the corner,
> and I cannot wait!

My husband likes peas in tuna casserole. But the tuna casserole he likes
has regular wheat and egg pasta and cream of mushroom soup in it. Angela
and I can't have that kind. I used a rice and quinoa blend pasta and had to
make my own mushroom soup. I think that's the part he didn't like. And
perhaps the fact that I used canned tuna. We've gotten used to the kind in
the pouch and personally I think it tastes a LOT better.