Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dana K6JQ Dana K6JQ is offline

Default Jake's "Smokehouse" in Virginia Beach, VA

On May 14, 3:00*pm, Chris > wrote:
> Dana wrote:
> > I could not believe how tasteless the meat was at Jake's "Smokehouse"
> > in VB.
> > Nice service, quick kitchen, decent price for a pitcher of beer, too
> > bad there's
> > no barbecue there.

> > Dana

> This is the first time I ever heard anything good about Jakes. Never been there
> because the word of mouth was always so bad.

Heh, did I really say anything _good_ about Jake's?

> Now Wood Chicks and Pierces Pitt. Those are good.

I'll have to try Pierce's next time; Wood Chicks was certainly
worthwhile. It amazes me, really amazes me, that there are
people on tripadvisor raving about Jake's (!) and complaining
about Wood Chicks (!). Obviously they have no idea what
'cue is.

Dana