Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default engineering dirty rice

Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:

> > Central Market, of all places, has them all the time for $.89/lb. And
> > then some of the third-world HEB's have them in stock most of the time.

> That's a helluva price, and I love chicken hearts. I'll have to watch
> for that, thanks!

I have no trouble finding chicken livers around here, but chicken
hearts without gizzards I can't find. It's always gizzards and
hearts packaged together. It seems to be a regional thing. In
PA and NJ they sell hearts separate, and I'm assuming other places
as well, just not in my area. I really like chicken hearts, but
not gizzards. Sigh.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.