KCRestaurant KCRestaurant is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden California Girls View Post
Michael "Dog3" wrote in rec.food.restaurants:
Sqwertz ost :
in rec.food.cooking

A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
or, "Is everything OK here? smile".

Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments, but do
I really want to go into detail and tell them how everything tastes?

It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
out as so ingenuine, IMO.

I dine out a lot and not once has a waitunit asked me "how does
everything taste"? Not even the chain restaurants. Sure, they all have
their little 'canned' script when checking back. I think I would laugh
if they asked me how everything tasted and gone into this lengthy
diatribe how *I* would change the taste, texture etc. The goal of course
would be to watch the waitunit's eyes glaze over and try to find a way to
squirm out of the conversation. "How does everything taste" is a little
off-putting to me. It's almost like they are experimenting with the food
and looking for patron feedback.

So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
didn't want them on the table taking up space.

So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

I've been asked this question in a chain restaurant. I think I was asked
because I ordered an item that was being tested to see if it was going to be
added to the menu chain wide.

I agree the question isn't a normal one from a waitperson, but more normal from
a managerunit who might have a Q/A reason for asking.
It should be implement in every restaurant to makes things and the food interesting.