Old 15-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Dick Wiegand

Default purchase help

Paul wrote:

We're looking for a propane grill in the $500 to $600 range.

We've seen the Vermont Castings at Home Depot and that was our initial
choice, either the $400 three burner model or the $600 four burner
model.

After reading everything here, and the FAQ, we looked at the Weber line
up this morning. We liked the Weber Genesis Gold B for $549. Stainless
steel grates and flavorizer bars. 36,000 BTUs, three burners.

Anything else we should consider or look at? Thanks in advance.

4 years ago I was ready to buy a Weber, and just happened to look at
Sears. 4 cast iron burners (front to back orientation) which in my opion
give more flexibility than Weber offers. PCI grates, very heavy SS
"flavorizer" grates, and it was on sale for $100 less then Weber. Also has
enclosed base, with better/bigger casters/wheels.

DW