Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Rhonda Anderson[_1_] Rhonda Anderson[_1_] is offline

Default Banana - cake and bread redux

bob wrote in
:

Our kitchen has been turned into a bakery for the past few days.
Learning curves all the way.

I ended up making three loaves of banana bread using recipes from
elsie.com, Mr Bill's and Jinx. All came out well, but the elsie.com
one was a bit on the dry side. I would have used info's "Exported from
MasterCook" recipe, but I couldn't figure out what "Sugar Twin" meant.

I also made a banana cake using Rhonda's recipe. It was particularly
tasty.

After sampling each they all went to good non-weigh****cher homes and,
unless they're just being kind, they are being enjoyed by men, women
and children as I write. I almost changed my mind about giving away
Rhonda's cake, but relented when my wife gave me one of those looks
directed at my belt line.

It is a nice recipe(there are a few good recipes in that book).I should
make it again soon - I never keep it at home though :-) I take it into work
where it goes very quickly.

I've entered it in the local show a couple of times - got second prize both
times. Both times it came second to a cake that looked like it had never
been anywhere near a banana (pale yellow in colour). Might try again this
year - it's been a couple of years, perhaps that baker has left the area
:-)

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Core of my heart, my country! Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine she pays us back threefold.
My Country, Dorothea MacKellar, 1904