Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Banana - cake and bread redux

In article >,
bob > wrote:

> Our kitchen has been turned into a bakery for the past few days.
> Learning curves all the way.
>
> I ended up making three loaves of banana bread using recipes from
> elsie.com, Mr Bill's and Jinx. All came out well, but the elsie.com
> one was a bit on the dry side. I would have used info's "Exported from
> MasterCook" recipe, but I couldn't figure out what "Sugar Twin" meant.

Didn't know you were interested in banana bread, bob. This is good:

Banana Bread
Posted again to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller, 5-7-2009

1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
3 small or 2 large overripe (just this side of
fruit flies!) bananas (maybe a cup if you mashed then measured)
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In food processor bowl, process butter, sugar, sour cream, bananas, and
eggs until well mixed (maybe 10 seconds?), stopping once or so to scrape
down mixture from side of workbowl. Dump flour, soda, and nuts, if
using, on top and pulse-process 5-8 times to incorporate into mixture.

Pour into a 9x5x3" greased loaf pan and bake till done (about 50-60
minutes) at 350 degrees, or use two smaller loaf pans, about 5x7x2-1/2"
and bake 40-50 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center of loaf should
come out clean (or almost). Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes then remove from
pan(s) and finish cooling on cooling rack.

Notes: Source: Adapted from a recipe in the Minneapolis Tribune, 19xx.
Won a blue ribbon at the Fair in the 1980s.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009