Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Why -Cinco de Mayo?

"Secret_Ingredient" > wrote in message
To All To Whom These Presents Shall Come, GREETINGS:

I have a close friend from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico and every
year, near Cinco de Mayo, we both wonder at how this (somewhat
obscure) Mexican Holiday, became a cause célèbre in the United States.
The Mexican victory at Puebla over the French is not, as my Mexican
friend explains it, a major Mex holiday. So I ask if anyone here knows
how Cinco de Mayo became something for Americans to celebrate?

Also, post a red - green - white recipe, if you have one.

Do you really think Americans or Mexicans in the US need a special excuse to
PARTY?

Dimitri