Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hopefully last word on Kosher Salt (difference between Sea Salt and Kosher)

wrote on Mon, 04 May 2009 14:07:13 -0500:

> Kosher salt gets its name not because it follows the
> guidelines for kosher foods as written in the Torah but
> because of its use in making meats kosher, by helping to
> extract the blood from the meat.

I also would like to see the last word on this topic and there is only
one mystery unsolved, which is why the makers of "Kosher Salt" use the
various rabbinical certification symbols?

I may differ slightly from what you say on suitability for cooking
purposes but these are matters of taste.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland