Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking
Paco[_4_] Paco[_4_] is offline

Default Baking soda question for Banana Bread recipe

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Paco > wrote:
>
>> If you are leaving the baking soda open in the refrigerator to absorb
>> odors,
>> would you really want to introduce those absorbed odors into your breads?
>> Personally, I'd make an extra beer-run into town and pick up a few boxes
>> of
>> baking soda.

> Baking soda doesn't absorb odors. That's on of the most successful
> marketing lies of the [last] century.
>
> -sw

There you go again! First you cost the fast food industry many multiple
millions of dollars and now you attack the baking soda industry. When will
it all end? When? Just who do you think you are? Bobobananaramabonobo?

(Baking soda does absorb some odors, just not very efficiently; activated
charcoal does a much better job of it. Baking soda helps neutralize odors
caused by acids forming. The best solution is to dedicate the refrigerator
to its primary intended use; keeping beer cold.)