Old 14-06-2004, 02:55 PM
cl

Default purchase help

Jason in Dallas wrote:

"jdoe" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...
I have NO problem searing ANYTHING with my SS but I do know the benefit of

CI. I just haven't found
an overwhelming need to go out and drop the $50 over my currnet SS ones to

get them.

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd tried it both ways. I used to say the
same thing until I upgraded, and the first time I cooked on the
porcelainized cast iron grates I was kicking myself for not getting them
years ago.

Jason, most people just don't realize that they can make the same
difference of having a grill putting out a couple hundred more degrees
of temperature.

It is just like a CI pan is as good as a 1500deg radiant burner for
searing meat.(It is only when you are dealing with bone in steaks that
you can't effectively use the cast iron pan).

-CAL