Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What Exactly is 'Kosher Salt' ?, As Opposed to Normal Salt?...

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 3 May 2009 02:12:04 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Technically, all salt is "kosher".

>> Your rabbi will disagree vehemently with that statement.
>>

> Since I don't have a Rabbi, I can't argue with your sentiment. I'm simply
> regurgitating what Sheldon has stated here for years. Sue me
>
> Jill

I do know that all salt CAN be kosher. I'm not sure of the actual process to
be able to put that on the label. Maybe the Rabbi has to check out the
factory and collect his paycheck.

Kosher salt is actually Koshering salt used to make meats kosher by drawing
out the blood.