Posted to rec.food.cooking
Billy[_6_] Billy[_6_] is offline

Default (2009-04-30) NS-RFC: To Brand or Not To Brand...

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:11:56 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >>Thanks go to Terry ("Prfesser") for this survey.

> > I looked in the pantry and realized that most of what I buy is Kroger
> > brand. Flour, sugar, most staples, canned goods, snacks, most
> > cereals...

> Don't get that brand here, but I know what you mean. If I buy from our
> local Woolies Foods[1], their store brand stuff is great.
>
> > except for Post Raisin Bran and Cheerios. Real Cheerios.
> > Tried and tried, but I've never found a store brand that could match
> > 'em.

> Same here with cornflakes... The store brands are just awful.
>
> [1] Other folks from the southern hemisphere may know which store I'm
> talking about (or not)

There is 4 cents worth of corn in a box of corn flakes, no matter what
you pay? Rolled oats would be a much better choice (with bran, fruit
[dried prunes, raisins, sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries], and
sunflower or sesame seeds, molasses, cinnamon, and milk)
--

- Billy