Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ana Vasil Ana Vasil is offline

Default Another litterary account... unknown tea

Dominic T. wrote:

> Yes, that was the conclusion I sort of came up with but the part that
> threw me off was the description of it being "almost black, like
> Turkish coffee."

If you prepared TGY the way I'm accustomed to drinking it, you'd probably
call it thick and almost-black, too. :-)

>The only problem I have with this book is that it is
> written with full detailed conversations and descriptions however the
> writer is a white guy who simply interviewed a lot of people about
> Johnny Kon. So all of the detail is invented as he wasn't actually
> there as the text would make you believe, and when it comes to non-
> fiction I'd prefer it to be fully accurate or not at all. So, this
> account is most likely invented based on real tea experiences...

Yeah, that's why I don't think there's any reason to take Sack's
descriptions..."litterally". Heh.

It's funny enough that the thugs were drinking from pink-flowered cups.
Imagine if Sack had also written, "The tea's pellucidly golden, like a pool
of liquid sunshine shimmering in the delicate porcelain vessel."

"Almost black, like Turkish coffee" sounds far more gangster-ish, no?