Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Another litterary account... unknown tea

On Apr 29, 10:33*am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Ana Vasil > writes:
> > Dominic T. wrote:

> > > If anyone has any insight on “Chiu Chao” tea I’d love to know!

> > "Chiu Chao" is likely a variant spelling of "chiuchow," or
> > "teochew."

> Good catch! *Another common spelling for this area is Chaozhou, which
> is the Mandarin spelling. *It's a hotbed of gongfu tea practice.
>
> > And it's probably Tieguanyin that he's preparing and serving.

> Couldn't it be Dancong?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

It could very well be Dan Cong as that would also be the right region
and brewing style... and might get closer to that Turkish coffee
black. I followed the account fine until that comment was made about
how black the tea was which made me think maybe that region had or has
some other tea as well which is more akin to a black/red tea.

For some reason my last few posts have not shown up in response to
this thread... I'm not sure why but hopefully this one makes it.

- Dominic (and yes, I know it should be literary