Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] netstuff@ix.netcom.com is offline

Default Gaiwans have won

Youre just about there if you use the Gaiwan for Brewing AND Tasting
ie no need to remove the leaves. You have to let them cool down
before touching or become adept at handling the saucer. Still you
cant see through the lid for color or leaf. I verified on a recent
expedition to a mall store which carries the complete line of Bodum
double walled glasses are still made of pyrex not plastic. The 9oz
Pavina is perfect for tea and boiling water. I couldnt avoid the
empty Teavana. I bought some Yixing mugs that look good enough to
eat.

Jim

PS All my Japanese teas infuse from the bottom of the Pavina. They
dont float around. Gyokuro is the most YinYang tea Ive tasted, sweet
and sour. The aftertaste will linger for hours.

On Apr 24, 11:08 am, "Dominic T." > wrote:
> I've been an on-again-off-again user of various gaiwans

....forget the pot...