Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_17_] PeterL[_17_] is offline

Default Peking Duck, stuffed crab claws

After a couple of weeks of 'hawker' food, the SO, when asked where she
would like to have dinner that night, said "Anywhere that doesn't have a
dirty concrete floor!".

So we went to the Chinese restaurant in our resort.....

http://www.palaceofthegoldenhorses.c...estaurant.html

Up till then we had been paying approx RM30 for a meal and drinks at the
hawker stalls. The bill from the 'night out' was RM247.05.....
approx AUD$94.82

*But* at least the SO was happy and the meal was *spectacular*!! Peking
Duck, stuffed crab claws, stuffed prawns with wasabi and mango dressing,
and stir fried mee noodles with chicken and a whole pile of other stuff.

Throw in a couple of G&T's and a few beers, and it was a tad more
expensive than what we had been paying till then, but well worth it.

We also had Dim Sum one Sunday morning........ all cooked to order.. it
took a while longer than what we were used to with Dim Sum back home, but
once again, well worth the wait.
And at only RM55.20 (AUD$21.18)to fill the both of us, good value to.

We were originally booked into a Deluxe Suite, but there was a bit of a
hiccup with our booking, so they upgraded us to a Ministers Suite,
overlooking the lake........

http://www.palaceofthegoldenhorses.c...ster_room.html

The 2 weeks spent there were *quite* luxurious :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html