Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default What do I do with a pastrami?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> : ...
>
> : >
> : > Use the same batter as for sweet fritters but cut up pieces of meat
> and
> : > put in the batter as opposed to coating individual pieces. Then cook
> in a
> : > pan like you are cooking a pancake. So any basic fritter recipe would
> do
> : > minus the sugar if any.
>
> : Yikes! That sounds vile. I have never made fritters. I believe the
> batter
> : contains egg and maybe dairy so not something I would make. I just
> can't
> : imagine meat fried in a batter.
>
> Ever have southern fried chicken before your allergies? That is a batter
> fried meat.

Probably not. My mom made fried chicken for a few years when I was really
young but she just put flour on it. I'm not really old enough to remember.
I do remember her making fried okra and I liked that. The only fried
chicken I remember eating after that was KFC and really I tried to avoid the
chicken. I would eat the potatoes and biscuits but I never liked fried
chicken.
> : >
> : > Any sauce or gravy over pastrami would be nice. A nice mustard sauce
> : > perhaps. With garlic mash...
>
> : I generally don't use any sauces with our food. I guess that's just the
> way
> : I was brought up. My mom never made any sauces. I was watching a show
> on
> : TV the other day and they were talking about sauces. Went on and on
> about
> : all the sauces you could use with chicken. My mom pretty much only used
> : salt, pepper and maybe parsley. I do have other seasonings but just
> never
> : got into sauces. Except perhaps for spaghetti sauce. We generally
> don't
> : eat gravy either.
>
> You have missed a great deal.

I don't think so. I don't really like most sauces. If I get something in a
restaurant with a sauce, I usually scrape it all off. Not that I would
order anything like that these days. Never know what might be in the sauce.