Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default What do I do with a pastrami?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Angela found this piece of meat in with the ham and turkey that stays it
> is pastrami. She wanted it. It is about an inch high and in length maybe
> the size of my hand. I assume it is already cooked. Can I just heat it
> and cut it in slices? The only pastrami I am familiar with is sliced for
> sandwiches. I did try to search but only came up with recipes for making
> it. Seems this stuff is already made.
>
> Thanks!

There are two kinds of pastrami I know of. One is sort of like corned
beef, where you have to cook it really long to get it tender. The other
is already cooked and ready to eat. Just slice it. I think if you study
the package it came in carefully, they should tell you which kind it is.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world