Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default What do I do with a pastrami?

Julie Bove wrote:
> Angela found this piece of meat in with the ham and turkey that stays
> it is pastrami. She wanted it. It is about an inch high and in
> length maybe the size of my hand. I assume it is already cooked. Can I
> just heat it and cut it in slices? The only pastrami I am
> familiar with is sliced for sandwiches. I did try to search but only
> came up with recipes for making it. Seems this stuff is already made.
>
> Thanks!

I buy pastrami from time to time. I use it for anything - sandwiches, as the
protein in salads. It is a nice addition to a party platter, as is or rolled
around asparagus spears or a pickle. Also nice rolled around sun dried
tomatoes and fetta. You could make it into fritters with gluten free flour.
Nice with tomato sauce (ketchup) that way. Because it came in a piece you
could heat it slowly in the micro and have it with vegetables and a pepper
sauce.