Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Desideria Desideria is offline

Default How do you barbecue Cornish game hens?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:18:24 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>In ,
>Janet Wilder > typed:
>> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>>> In ,
>>> Theron > typed:

>>> Cut and flatten = spatchcocking, and that's a good way to do small
>>> birds.
>>>
>>> Personally I think the beer can is overrated. It tends to steam the
>>> bird and make it mushy, and the skin doesn't crisp up very well.

>> I don't know how you cook your beer can chicken, but mine is never
>> mushy and the skin is always crispy. I made one on Tuesday on the gas
>> grill with off-set heat and the lid closed. We had the leftovers in
>> chicken enchiladas tonight.

>What's in the beer can?

Good question--in fact, I'd like to get a lot more advice and info
from you, Janet! I just bought one of the stands for beer can chicken,
and I'd like to try making my first, but not with beer in the can.

Would you consider posting your recipe and method for beer can
chicken?

Thanks much! (just learning to grill, not planning to bbq)

Desideria