Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Hey Christine!

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:23:05 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Apr 17, 8:09*am, notbob > wrote:
>> On 2009-04-17, sf > wrote:
>>

>> > I got a new toy yesterday... Macy's sale price, only $19.95!
>> >http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=12839

>> What a strange pot configuration. *Looks like a great price deal, but a
>> bizarre item. *What's with the decreased diameter base? *It's like cooking in
>> a mixing bowl with annoying handles to get in the way. *Not very practical,
>> IMO. *I don't think I'd get one, even at that price. *Let us know how it
>> works out. *
>>
>> nb

>I'm with you, NB - the handles at least should be more flat out at the
>sides so they don't get in the way. It is odd - maybe a good pot for
>chili or corn on the cob....it's shaped like an antique light-weight
>Wear-Ever kettle I have - only mine holds about half again as much.
>But it always wants to wobble on the burner....

I'm thinking it's probably better suited for an electric coil than a
gas grid with no stable base to sit on. It fits very well on a small
electric burner. I'll use the simmer plate to stabilize it after my
gas cooktop is installed.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.