Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Hey Christine!

notbob wrote:

>> http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=12839

> What a strange pot configuration. Looks like a great price deal, but a
> bizarre item. What's with the decreased diameter base? It's like cooking
> in a mixing bowl with annoying handles to get in the way. Not very
> practical, IMO.

If you're reducing liquids, the decreasing diameter helps to protect the
liquid from scorching as the volume goes down. So if sf wants to make candy,
she got the right pot! I think it would also be good for making curry, where
you cook the small amount of aromatics first, then add the main ingredients.

Bob