Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] is offline

Default Sugar Cured Country Ham

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:07:07 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>I figured it out. It's a ruse to attract people who hate the salty crap
>(even properly prepared and "sliced paper thin to release the full country
>flavor") and make them buy it anyway.
>
>I'm betting that enough of them miss the fact that is is cured with 8 cups
>of salt and 2 cups of sugar that it works, too.
>
>Refrigeration. It's a good thing.
>
>Why return to the hams of your technologically impoverished forbears?
>
>Do you think they LIKED all that salt?
>
>IT WAS THE ONLY WAY THEY HAD TO PRESERVE MEAT.

I sense a little reticence. Let it out, hon. We're here for you!

Carol, who doesn't like salty food, but finds Smithfield ham strangely
and strongly addictive (Maybe it's the way Boli slices it)

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.