Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Safeway "Rancher's Reserve"

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2:03*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> > "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> > On Apr 13, 1:40 pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> > > My Vons sells the stuff, too. It is crap. Some of the worst beef I have
> > > ever eaten. Always has been, too. When you have to put a ton of tenderizer
> > > on a NY strip steak you know it is bad.

> > I'd rather have shoeleather tough beef than beef that's been
> > chemically tenderized.
> >
> > Papaya juice extract is not exactly an inorganic chemical. *But I agree, I
> > prefer natural.

> I knew you meant papain.

You *knew* he meant fruit juice, even though he never posted that, so
you then referenced "chemically tenderized"? Do I understand that
correctly? Just want to know for the future.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

"[Don't] assume that someone is "broken" just because they behave in ways
you don't like or don't understand." --Miche