Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian
Ciccio Ciccio is offline

Default Death to cilantro!

On Apr 12, 5:32*pm, (axlq) wrote:

> That's your mistake. I have met many Indians who don't know what you
> mean when you say "cilantro." If you ask to leave out the cilantro,
> they will assume what they put in is fine because they don't use
> anything called cilantro in their food. *To them, it's called
> coriander. Cilantro is the Spanish name.

His mistake??? That is really carrying the PC accommodating foreigners
bullshit too damn far. People open up a restaurant in an area and
they don't know the local food lingo? Not to mention, that cilantro is
a well known aka for coriander in culinary circles. No, it's the
restaurant's mistake.

I know the "customer is always right" is a joke nowadays, but no way
the OP is at fault. Geezus, go to an Italian place and you say no
mushrooms, and it's your fault because you didn't say no funghi...NO
WAY!

Ciccio