Posted to alt.food.barbecue,austin.food
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Original Charcoal - Rancher's Natural Charcoal

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Here's the skinny on the charcoal this year. It's not looking too good
> for many of us trying to find this charcoal. We don't have Trader Joe's
> in Texas. And no Orchard Supply. The company is in North Carolina, but
> their distribution is mostly California.
>
> The freight company I use wants $329 to ship 1300lbs to Austin. Which
> seems kinda high. That would make it about $9.70/bag ($.54/lb). Doesn't
> seem worth it considering local lump is @ < $.40/lb.
>
> Here's the email I received:
>
><snip>

Smart & Final a walk-in restaurant & business supply stores carry a 40 or
50 pound bag of natural mesquite for IIRC less than $20.00. It is designed
I guess the the Mesquite Grilled Fish and Steak joints.

I suspect other stores of that type carry the same or similar products.

The stuff is GREAT. Not like that TJ'S Cowboy scrap construction crap.

Dimitri