Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:

>>> Evelyn, i have had great success with physio therapy for a number of
>>> injuries.........from whiplash to a sprained ankle and more
>>>
>>> the treatment for frozen shoulder didn't work for me
>>>
>>> the physio also did accupuncture, but i was hesitant and never asked
>>> her....... she never pushed for it
>>>
>>> but, boy, those HOT pads they put under/around the shoulder sure made me
>>> feel better (temporarily)
>>>
>>> kate

>> My guy put hot compresses on when I first arrived. Then I had to do
>> certain motions, raising alternate arms using a pulley and little handles
>> for a while. Then there were stretches using a bar. Then that
>> advanced to exercises using weights, then the therapist would come in and
>> gently make the shoulder move to the furthest degree he could manage (and
>> that hurt like you can't believe) and finally he'd finish up with an ice
>> compress.
>>
>> This routine went on for about 7 months, 3 times a week, with some small
>> variations to keep it interesting. By the time 7 mos. had passed, I was
>> doing pretty well. But I was still assessed to have lost 50% of my
>> right arm's range of motion.
>>
>> It took a really long time for it to finally stop being excruciatingly
>> painful. Even now till this day, 5 yrs later, I still need to do some
>> of the exercises from time to time to maintain and not lose ground.
>>

> oh, Evelyn, i sure hear you!
>
> i do stretching exercises to keep my shoulder's moving
>
> i NEVER want to go thru frozen shoulder again
>
> your physio sounds very similar to mine, except, i didn't have weights, i
> had elastic tubes and i pulled in different directions from where it was
> attached......... different colours of tubes were different resistance,
> and if one tube got too easy to do, they would give me the next one up the
> ladder
>
> i also got tubes for doing the exercises at home
>
> physio is $50/visit, after the $75 visit for assessment....... my
> insurance pays for $300 visits per their calendar year...... so i went
> once a week and worked at home a lot
>
> kate

Yes, I had the rubber tubes to pull also. I had to go so often because the
break was so severe I could have lost the use of that arm even more if I
didn't go through the entire routine. It was a nighmare.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world