Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Apple Pie for my mom

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> I've never used the fructose, never. I should have said that, so thanks. I
> did use Sweetzfree last time, but have used Splenda in the past, until
> Splenda started leaving a nasty taste in my mouth that is. I'm always
> surprised how much the zucchini tastes like apples. :-)

Years ago I tried baking stuff with fructose. This was just the regular
stuff I always baked like brownies. I did it for my dad who was told he
needed to avoid sugar. My mom thought I was doing a good thing. Now you
couldn't pay me to use it.

I see a vegan chef on TV who uses brown rice syrup a lot in her cooking.
Perhaps she is using it only because it is vegan and sugar isn't always.
But to me it looks like something that is very refined and probably not good
for you either.