Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default REQUEST: Clay Pot Chicken

Paul wrote:

>> A claypot is not the same as a Yunnan pot. It doesn't have a steam
>> chimney in the center. Here, take a look:
>>
>> http://www.chinesefooddiy.com/images/Clay-Pot-5.jpg
>>
>> Have you ever seen one? I don't think you have.

> Looks familiar. How would you use it to cook if you had no oven? It
> would work great as a cooking vessel but they didn't have ovens in China
> for a couple of thousand years.

Claypots (a.k.a. sandpots) can be used on the stovetop. The main precaution
taken when using them is not to have them abruptly transition from a hot
surface to a cold one, or vice versa.

>> Now apologize for being such a jerk.

> Nope. Wertz shoots off his damn mouth all the damn time and he hasn't got
> a clue what he's talking about. If doing a sinple Google search is too
> much work he can just kiss my ass.

But in this case, YOU are the one who failed to do a Google search, and you
were in the wrong. A Google Image search with the keywords "clay pot
chinese" didn't turn up one single instance of a Yunnan steam pot in the
first hundred hits.

Bob