Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default I know how to deal with the expense of batteries for electric cars

In article >,
Puester > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

> > IMO, the hybrid and electric cars are not quite proven technology. That
> > clean electric fuel often comes from dirty generating plants. The
> > expensive
> > batteries will have to be recycled to avoid contamination from the
> > chemicals. Moving the greenhouse gasses from the car to a powerplant does
> > not solve the problems, at least not yet.
> >

> By the Law of Energy you've gotta put energy in before you
> can get it out.
> Unless you plan to carpet your back yard with solar cells to
> recharge your
> power supply, you may have to resort to hamsters on
> exercise wheels
> to get to your definition of "clean".

I posted this site before, but here's a different page:

http://www.zapworld.com/electric-veh...ra-solar-panel

UPS (United Parcel Service) leased a fleet of their trucks for Christmas
deliveries.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA