Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester[_2_] Puester[_2_] is offline

Default I know how to deal with the expense of batteries for electriccars

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> IMO, the hybrid and electric cars are not quite proven technology. That
> clean electric fuel often comes from dirty generating plants. The expensive
> batteries will have to be recycled to avoid contamination from the
> chemicals. Moving the greenhouse gasses from the car to a powerplant does
> not solve the problems, at least not yet.

By the Law of Energy you've gotta put energy in before you
can get it out.
Unless you plan to carpet your back yard with solar cells to
recharge your
power supply, you may have to resort to hamsters on
exercise wheels
to get to your definition of "clean".

gloria p