Posted to rec.food.cooking
bolivar bolivar is offline

Default Are there any of the oldtimers left?

"Michael Nielsen" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I havent been here for years.
>
> On the front page I dont see any of the oldtimers I knew.
>
> I am back in Davis, CA and its like a trip on memory lane. I remmber
> in 2004 there was almost a cookin in sacramento, but then the host
> fell on her bike. I remember a berkeley trip with chrisd and I visited
> damsel in dis dress in minnesota and saw the SPAM museum (lol).
>
> So I wonder - is silvia, damsel in dis dress, gregory, blake, chrisd,
> tammy, sheldon the rude, jill the scot, et. al. still around?
>
> PS: I am atm cooking brussel spouts (boiled slightly, fried in butter
> so the shell is caramelized), home-made guacamole (without
> foodprocessor or blender), and a nice steak from The Co-op. And having
> it with a napa valley Rom Bauer Cab "stags leap district" (the winery
> is beautiful btw).

Hi Archon,

Yeah some of us from years ago are still around. Silvia, if you mean the
one from Spain, doesn't post anymore, but Chris, Jill, Sheldon, Victor,
Melba (Barb), and a bunch of other old timers still do.

Glad to see you again. What are you doing in this country? Working here
now, or school?

Boli